HSF provides scholarships to study at universities in Germany to young Pakistani graduates and postgraduates who are exceptional in their academic performance. The eligible candidates are pre-selected by HSF’s Pakistan office. The funding is granted for a span of five to 24 months depending on the project.
Our scholarship programmes always enrich studies – and not just financially. The scholarships also include conceptual support to academically qualified young academics and to reward outstanding scholarly achievements in doctoral programs. Conceptual support means: participating in courses aimed at enabling fellows to critically and constructively contribute to the development of the democratic rule of law. Their political, professional, social and personal skills are primed, which should provide broader foundations for their future leadership capabilities. Those receiving a scholarship are chosen by a selection committee based on the combination of personality, performance and social engagement.
The program supports graduates financially with an amount sum of 850 EUR/month who hold a completed degree equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree. An amount of 1200 EUR/month is given to those who are doctoral candidates or are holding doctorate degrees. They can also hold degrees recognized as equal to German degrees. Other forms of financial support include travel expenses, one-off payments and printing costs and can be provided depending on the budget available to HSF.
Requirements for the applicants
The applicant (less than 32 years of age) must:
- hold a university degree with an outstanding academic record.
- have verified competence and experience in the field of independent research work.
- have proven socio-political commitment.
- have a proven good knowledge of the German language.
In order to apply for the HSF Scholarship Program the application documents must include:
- letters of recommendation
- expert opinions
- written proof of admission to a German university
- detailed description of the research project or further special training
- letter from a university teacher confirming his/her supervision of the applicant.
For more information on the HSF Germany Scholarship please download our flyer here (https://www.hss.de/fileadmin/user_upload/HSS/Dokumente/Berichte/Flyer/Info-Flyer_sholarship-abroud-IBF.pdf).